- Vacancies 1
- Career Level Experienced Professional
- Experience 5 Years
- Gender Both
- Qualification Master’s Degree
Responsible to: Report to Country Director
Purpose of the Post:
- To maximize the outreach of Muslim Aid Pakistan emergency and development programme and interventions. Also in case of a humanitarian crisis, by developing and delivering effective media and communication strategies and products, particularly with the national and international media
- Maintain and store all records in line with MA document management and IT policies.
- Comply with all policies, procedures, legal and regulatory requirements.
- Champion our values of compassion, empowerment, justice for all and accountability when performing your work.
- Any other duties commensurate with the accountabilities of the post.
- To adapt to the changing environment of NGO sector and forces of the competitive world.
- To maintain constructive, purposeful, trust based and sincere relations with all colleagues working above or under whether directly or indirectly associated.
- To continuously upgrade own knowledge, skills, attitude and application to become more valuable member of MAP family.
- To update management and other concerned with any development, internal or external, which can be of help to improve quality, provide better services and effectiveness and efficiency.
- To participate in all meetings, committees, forums, projects and assignments as required and expected.
- To continuously think for betterment of MAP, it’s progress and its ability to fulfil its mission.
- To maintain highest standards of honesty and integrity in all disciplines.
- Lead media and communications activities of Muslim Aid by developing: News content, Annual Report, Newsletters, E-newsletters, IEC material, Case Studies, Videos, Photography and digital content for website and social media of Muslim Aid
- Ensure Visibility and Branding of Muslim Aid through Print and Electronic media at Local, National and Regional level through National and International TV Channels, Newspapers and Wire Services
- Ensure Photography and Videography of Project Interventions, Distributions, activities at Filed during a regular or crucial time.
- Provide overall managerial support and guideline to programme departments over communication, visibility and outreach enhancement of Muslim Aid Pakistan.
- Promote greater public awareness of, and understanding for Muslim Aid by consistent and meaningful provision of media coverage for the organization’s work and concerns.
- Flexibility to respond quickly to the changing circumstances which can have a dramatic impact on the profile of the organization as well as a thorough understanding of the media role.
- Develop creative ideas and concepts, choosing the appropriate media and style to meet the organizational objectives.
- Establish and maintain contacts with key national journalists covering development and humanitarian work, including the production of a list of key journalists based in Islamabad and their contact details, both on the national and international level.
- Develop and implement communications strategy in light of the humanitarian and development work of MAP in Pakistan.
Knowledge and Experience
a) Masters in Mass Communication
b) Knowledge of the needs, requirement and objectives of potential donors, including trends within donors fundraising strategies.
c) Knowledge of and commitment to participatory methodologies and Knowledge of current thinking on development issues and methods.
d) Knowledge of the corporate sponsorship sector.
e) Knowledge of media production, communication, and dissemination techniques and methods (via written, oral, and visual media).
a) Minimum 5 years of experience
With field experience
Skills and Abilities
a) Excellent research and analytical skills.
b) Very effective organizational & Computer skills
c) Stress management & Time management skills
d) Excellent communications skills (verbal & written) to communicate effectively with representatives of donors’ public bodies, HQ and management of Muslim Aid.
k) Commitment to Muslim Aid’s mission, visions and values.
l) Commitment to Muslim Aid’s ethos.
m) Commitment to equality of opportunity and diversity.
n) Hard working and self-motivated