- Vacancies 1
- Career Level Experienced Professional
- Experience 8 Years +
- Gender Both
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
I. JOB SUMMARY:
This is a new position at CARE International in Pakistan to support the Country Director in day-to-day administration as well as external liaison. While reporting to the Country Director (CD), this post will be required to maintain effective collaborations with other teams in the Country Office and manage the schedule of the CD to ensure smooth business operations. The base location will be Islamabad, while field travel for CARE’s humanitarian and development projects and partners across the country will be required. The ability to work flexibly, reliably, maintain confidentiality and a commitment to CARE’s core values will be essential for success in this role.
II. RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
Job Responsibility #1: Provide executive assistance to the Country Director
Time Required: 30%
· Manage the schedule of internal and external appointments for the CD to ensure optimal prioritization of incoming requests.
· Follow-up with CO teams on behalf of the CD for timely resolution of key issues
· Record-keeping and filin
· Arrange travel and logistics for the CD, in line with CARE’s safety and security protocols.
· Draft protocol letters and similar administrative correspondence on behalf of the CD.
· Accompany the CD on travel as requested
Job Responsibility #2: Lead and facilitate external liaison
Time Required: 55%
· Advise, identify and secure appointments with key stakeholders at multiple levels in various government departments, ministries and law enforcement authorities (LEAs)
· Oversee the timely and accurate preparation of key documents regarding CARE’s work for submission to relevant government authorities, in collaboration with other teams of the CO.
· Facilitate NOCs for CARE’s projects.
· Represent CARE’s work accurately in meetings with appropriate levels in government and LEAs.
· Provide timely and accurate updates to the CD regarding all external liaison.
Job Responsibility #3: Special projects as assigned
Time Required: 10%
· Process/project management support
· Operational support
· Events management support
Job Responsibility #5: Perform other duties as assigned.
Time Required: 5%
III. QUALIFICATIONS (KNOW HOW)
A) EDUCATION –
Bachelor’s degree in political science, international relations or a related discipline
Master’s degree in a related discipline.
B) EXPERIENCE –
· 10 years’ experience of providing administrative, protocol and liaison support to senior managers.
· Demonstrable track record of cultivating and maintaining effective collaboration with various government entities and LEAs
· Work experience in LEAs.
C) TECHNICAL SKILLS –
· Strong influencing and negotiation skills
· IT literacy especially MS Word and Excel.
· Comprehensive knowledge of the federal, provincial and district government
infrastructure and associated protocol requirements.
· In-depth knowledge of and ability to maintain professional liaison with LEAs.
· Understanding of the current regulatory environment impacting INGOs’ operating
· Ability to draft official protocol letters in English
· Fluent in written and spoken Urdu
· Conversational English
D) COMPETENCIES –
· Commitment to gender equity and diversity
· Acting with discretion and maintaining confidentiality
· Highly organized and Able to multi-task
· Able to work under pressure
· Sound judgment
· Teamwork and collaboration
· Good interpersonal skills
· Commitment to deadlines
· Taking initiative
· Flexible and able to adjust to changing circumstances/requirements quickly
· Able to exercise sound judgment in times of crises/critical incident management