- Vacancies 10
- Career Level Experienced Professional
- Experience 5 Years
- Gender Both
- Qualification Bachelor Degree
Are you passionate about the cutting edge Cloud technologies and trends? Were you an early adopter of cloud infrastructure and AWS? Do you love to automate everything that needs to be done more than once? Do you consider yourself amongst the top 1% of Cloud architect globally and eager to work on new challenging projects and technologies? Are you interested in joining a network of the most talented engineers in the world while earning $100,000 USD – and with the ability to work wherever you want? If you said yes to any of the questions above, this role is for you.
What are the expectations?
The Cloud Chief Architect will play a critical role in designing and executing cloud-based architectures. This can range from orchestrating the deployment of centralised environments on AWS infrastructure, fresh design/build work in cloud-based environments like AWS and GCE, or adapting large existing infrastructures to an AWS deployment model. You will be responsible for developing solutions to complex architectural problems, designing and delivering real enterprise-class software products to customers and being a hands-on peer leader of top development resources. As the owner for the architecture and technical delivery of multi-million dollar revenue per year enterprise software products, you will effectively work as the CTO of the engagement with a startup mindset, wearing multiple hats from lead architect and developer on the most complex elements of the product to technical team leader to solution evangelist ensuring that the customers are blown away by the technical differentiation and quality of the product. Just as an example, one project includes migrating a large infrastructure consuming over 1,500 machines globally and storing over 5 petabytes of information into AWS. This role will include implementing profound architecture changes to get ready for the cloud, phased adoption of cloud-specific services, progressive removal of legacy technologies, with the ultimate goal of full migration into the AWS cloud.
- Developing product expertise in a short time frame.
- Architecting new solutions or adapting existing ones to optimally run in a cloud-based environment (proper use of VMs and containers, queue-based architectures, services-oriented architectures, etc)
- Owning the execution and implementation of migration strategies (this will include deployment/provisioning using DevOps tools, data migration, testing, cutover/failover of systems, configuration of monitoring and other production management systems)
- Overseeing technical quality for the output of small teams of Software Engineers (requirements reviews, architectural reviews, and code reviews)
- While showing technical leadership you will still be in charge of personally addressing the most technically challenging issues in the project. We count on you as the key technical person, not a people manager!
- A true “roll up the sleeves and get it done” working approach; demonstrated success as a problem solver, operating as a result-oriented, self-starter
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Expertise in Amazon Web Services. In particular infrastructure services like AWS Elastic Beanstalk & CloudFormation
- Experience with Docker and Aurora
- Expertise in DevOps tools like Puppet or Chef
- Deep knowledge of network stack and filesystems
- Solid experience with the networking, performance, security and operational aspects of the AWS environment
- Proficient in modern architecture stacks, SOA, relational DBs, stateless API, etc
- Excellent understanding of current enterprise software technologies and development practices/tools, including virtual environments, source control, remote development, issue tracking, build and test automation, and networking management
- Comfort “working virtually” with teammates and customers around the world. We do a lot of Skype and video conferencing